Welcome Danny Gokey Fans! 3/14 – 3/27 Discussion

Danny Gokey TSR 2

Do you think Danny should do cover songs on his next album?

Mar 12 One of my favorite songs EVEEERR!!! I kinda wanna do a cover of it on my new album!!

join the discussion (350x102)

127 thoughts on “Welcome Danny Gokey Fans! 3/14 – 3/27 Discussion

1. Jan, I went back and liked the comments from the Billboard post. I missed your comment because I think I looked at the post earlier in the day and never went back. But yeah, great Danny news on the latest single!

2. “Belinda Thomas ‏@belindasLAmusic · 15m15 minutes ago
    Clay Aiken, Colton Dixon, Constantine Maroulis, Danny Gokey, Diana DeGarmo, Elliott Yamin, George Huff coming to the idol finale”

Is this tweet correct? Or just somebody saying what they want?

3. Another one:
    “American Idol Finale ‏@MYIDOLTOWN · 1m1 minute ago
    Cotton Dixon,Constantine Maroulis, Danny Gokey, Elliott Yamin, George Huff, James Durbin, Josh Gracin coming for American Idol Series Finale”

4. “Danny Gokey Verified account  ‏@dannygokey · 27m27 minutes ago

THIS happens 2night at MIDNIGHT(EST). Tell Your Heart to Beat Again will be .69 then too!🤓http://smarturl.it/DannyGokeyiTunes …”

5. A person on twitter is asking for help if anyone is able to respond. (I read tweets but do not tweet.)

” 13m13 minutes ago
    I am trying to figure out where to purchase or how to find/get/download @dannygokey song #TellYourHeartToBeatAgain Help! Anyone?”

6. Danny relied to the one who wanted help. 🙂

“Danny Gokey Verified account  ‏@dannygokey · 16m16 minutes ago

@LauraPruneau You can download it on iTunes. It goes on sale for .69 cents tonight at midnight. “

7. “· 16m16 minutes ago

@therealmarymary @dannygokey #marymary OH MY GOODNESS WHAT A SURPRISE!!!! DANNNNNY 🙋🏾 we ❤️ U man!!!!”

8. “46m46 minutes ago

Danny Gokey, @dannygokey, do be sanging though, regardless of management. #MaryMary #MaryTimesTwo”

9. Danny is suppose to be on “Mary Mary” this month. I was thinking that Mitch would have told us on FB if it was tonight, but…..

Danny & Leyicet made a drop in to the filming of Mary Mary the same day as the Dove Awards! I learned about it awhile back, even had a post about it…. just didn’t know the date so I never put it up…

Meanwhile, I updated this post about American Idol: http://dannygokeynews.com/2016/03/24/danny-gokey-to-return-for-american-idol-finale/

I very happy for Danny! (And us.)

10. And I updated Danny’s calendar to delete the college concert he had in NY on Thursday, April 7th to put in his appearance on American Idol.

I see Danny’s management has provided their client “3 for 3” instead of Danny. Good thinking! 🙂

As it is, he has to head to NJ for the benefit concert on Friday! Red Eye flight? Most likely…. I’m sure the time on “Idol” will be great fun and well worth it. We may see a few interviews, too 🙂

Anyone can catch the Mary Mary episode that aired tonight? I don’t have cable…. It’s Season 5, Episode 5.

11. Radio play and touring make such an impact. Danny’s album is now selling better than Kris Allen’s brand new album on iTunes…. and his single close to Adam’s that was sung on American Idol.
    ITUNES ALBUMS
    131. Carrie Underwood – Storyteller
    133. Tori Kelly – Unbreakable Smile
    151. Danny Gokey – Hope in Front of Me
    178. One Direction – Made In The A.M. (Deluxe Edition)
    185. Chase Rice – Ignite the Night (Party Edition)
    251. Kris Allen – Letting You In
    261. Kelly Clarkson – Piece By Piece

iTUNES SONGS
    129. Adam Lambert – Welcome to the Show (feat. Laleh)
    138. Kelly Clarkson – Piece by Piece (Idol Version)
    142. Dalton Rapattoni – God Only Knows
    147. Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello – I Know What You Did Last Summer
    156. Chris Brown – Back to Sleep (REMIX) [feat. Usher & ZAYN]
    157. Danny Gokey – Tell Your Heart to Beat Again
    158. Tori Kelly – Hollow

12. I’ve added another Iowa event to Danny’s schedule for May 14th. Pleasant Hills, IA.

13. I’m very happy Danny will be on American Idol. Danny has expressed how American Idol changed his life. I agree, but I think it took someone very brave to take that step when still suffering such loss. Through all the ups and downs with doing a reality show I always saw Danny rise above the disappointments, and drama. Danny has worked very hard, and his dreams are coming true. Sophia’s Heart, a music career, a beautiful family… he is an inspiration to all. I’m very proud to be one of his many fans.

14. I know you have struggled to get to this point with the negative opinions you have seen sent Danny’s way, but he is excited, and so are we.

BTW, I have a dilemma. My husband and I have tickets for a concert for that night…… it’s not an artist I have ever followed. I usually don’t let TV change active plans, but…

15. You should tape American Idol, and enjoy your concert. You’ll have something to look forward to watching when you get home. 🙂

I’ll always struggle with the negative opinions with Danny. 🙁

16. Oh, I’m sorry. We don’t have a VCR, either. Our cable service supplies boxes that allow you to record. Well, in that case, I might stay home. 😕

17. No VCR, no cable, our internet is supplied through satellite, before that dial-up!! Our area has never been served by DSL….. You’d think WE were in the mountains or a secluded location…. but we are really quite near our state’s capitol!

These are not bad problems to have. 🙂

18. Re-posting from the “Danny Gokey to Return for “American Idol” Finale!” thread ~

Very happy to hear that Danny will appear on Idol. But yes, people do need to recognize at the outset that his appearance time will likely be small — and likely in conjunction with other Idols. There is no way that American Idol can fit all those former Idols onto the show and do them justice. I expect that the biggest allotment of time will be given over to past winners and/or non-winners who have had major success of some sort, like Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry, Diana DeGarmo, Constantine Maroulis, Kellie Pickler, and Katharine McPhee. It won’t matter what is or isn’t “fair” — it is the final season and Idol has already shown it will do whatever the heck it wants, how and when it wants. (Because Idol shortened its season, more than one former Idol had to do work-arounds to accommodate a finale that was at least a month early.)

19. Jan, I had to miss the first half of American Idol this week, because — hello? — it was Holy Thursday and I wanted to attend Mass. Mass was at 7:00 p.m. and took close to two hours. (It’s my favorite of the year. I love that we use so many languages during that particular Mass — English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Filipino, and Latin.)

ANYWAY, I got home for the second half of Idol and watched videos from the first half at MJs.

20. Jan, if I were you I’d probably buy a DVD recorder. They are not very expensive. (But if you would never use it again, then don’t buy one.)

I’m probably going to get a DVD recorder. I wished I’d had one for this past Thursday. I don’t watch a lot of TV, but I sometimes work weird hours, and it would be nice to be able to watch when it’s convenient for me. Plus, if you record a show you can watch it over again if you choose.

If I were you, I wouldn’t change my plans, Jan. It’s one night of Idol, Danny will be only one of many, and Idol hasn’t exactly done a great job this season so far (although it’s been nicer toward former Idols than it has with the present group of contestants).

21. Hi guys, we did have a digital recorder that actually accessed our antennae so that we could get broadcast stations. We have really fought paying for TV….. but it stopped working a year ago and we had to switch to wiring the antennae straight into our TV to watch CBS, FOX, NBS, PBS, ABC…..

I’ve asked my son to take a look at it. Maybe his technologically wired brain can get it back into service 🙂

I know Danny’s part will be minuscule, but I was really looking forward to sitting on my Lazyboy, bowl of popcorn in one hand, phone in other and tweeting about the show with the rest of the Idol world…

We’ll see if Ed has a problem with taking a substitute (I really don’t know the artist we are seeing AT ALL) or if this is a wifely assignment I can’t duck 😉

Stay tuned.

Meanwhile, what do you all think of the video snippet?

22. You are in quite a conundrum, Jan. 😉

The video looks strong. With all the success of the song, I’m sure the music video will be successful, too.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

“Hello” to Declan and Sherry..

23. I’ve always had a problem with videos (or movies) that switch scenes abruptly. Don’t like the fast switch from the boxing ring to the dancing, etc. Otherwise I have no problem with the video. (The music really does lend itself beautifully to dancing.)

24. FWIW, my car radio has been broken for a while now, so I’ve never gotten to hear TYHTBA on the radio, as I have with HIFOM and MTYTIA. I just got a new radio last Saturday, but so far, I still haven’t heard TYHTBA.

I have, however, heard two other songs on Christian radio that have intrigued me:

“The River” by Jordan Feliz

“It’s Not Over Yet” by King and Country

Although the King and Country song sounds nothing like Danny’s “It’s Not Over,” given that the song title and topic is similar, I can understand why Danny’s team wouldn’t want to release “It’s Not Over” as a fourth single. So I can understand why they plan to move on to the next album . . .

BTW, I’m seriously considering buying one or both of those songs. At least “The River” for sure, which makes me M-O-V-E!

I hope Danny puts out something on his next album that has a similar vibe to TobyMac’s “Feel It” or Jordan Feliz’s “The River.” 🙂

25. I love both The River and Feel It. Feel It was actually used in my exercise class!! I smile when we do that high energy routine!

Happy Easter! Time to start part 2 of my preparations!

26. Hey Ellen, about hearing TYHTBA in your area. Until just recently, I wasn’t hearing it either. But if you find the K-LOVE station in your area, they are the top playing station almost 60 times a week! And next week they will be promoting the exclusive premiere of the viseo. In Madison they have now uped the plays to nearly 40 times a week. On Thursday I heard it on the drive to and from work! 🙂

27. Jan,
    For you: 🙂

“RockAndAHardPlaceTV ‏@RAaHPTV · 3h3 hours ago

Danny Gokey has his own line of glasses. One of his fans posted online: I just saw these neat, tortoise shell… http://fb.me/7Ls4WH94j

28. Lurker, that was funny that my little ol’ tweet would be picked up 😉

Big Easter celebration at our house. I’m tired. And then I remembered this discussion page ends tonight. Good thing it only takes a few minutes to set up a new one….