Our featured artist is Miguel Perez, the Danny Gokey Band’s lead guitarist.
Photo courtesy of Kailee Harvey
Get to Know the Band
Miguel answers our questions in this video interview:
One of my favorite Danny’s performances featuring Miguel is the acoustic version of
“Que Tu Corazón Vuelva a Latir”.
You can watch it again HERE.
Here are a few of Miguel’s answers to fuel your curiosity!
1. What instruments do you play?
Guitar, bass, banjo and a bit of piano!
2. What was your inspiration to make music your career?
Clearly his mom took it to a whole new level signing Miguel up for “Guitar Camp”….
3. Where were you raised? Where do you call home?
Miguel was raised in Puerto Rico but he attended college in Boston for his musical degree. Now living in Nashville, Tennessee.
4. What is your favorite genre of music to play? To listen to?
Miguel loves all kinds of music… but would you believe he listens to……
5. Name the musician or singer that you were the MOST excited to play with/for? (no pleasing the boss by saying Danny….)
There is a story on the video about this, but he did shamelessly plug Danny a couple of times.
6. What is the BEST gig you’ve ever had? The funniest? The one you’d NEVER want to do again?
You’ll have to watch the video for this, but don’t touch his best guitar….. 😉
7. What would Miguel say could cause him from getting thrown off the bus?
He thinks his Spanish or his accent, but I didn’t buy that answer. Danny minding someone speaking Spanish? I think not, LOL!
8. Family facts?
Miguel’s wife is a nurse and they have a son and two daughters. The youngest is under a year old!
9. What is your favorite Danny Gokey song to perform?
Miguel thinks “Rise’ is a great song. “Better Than Gold” or “Symptoms” for the fun factor, but he also loves to see how the song is impacting the crowd….
You can follow, Miguel on Instagram at MiguelPerez27
Thanks, Miguel! We hope to see you performing for many, many years! — Jan, DannyGokeyNews.com