Danny Gokey talks to Paul Van Sickle of Portland’s 104.5 WAY-FM about
- the Hits Deep Tour,
- losing in basketball to the Diverse City Band,
- possibly collaborating with Mandisa.
- Super Bowl prediction and find out why Danny is now a fan of the New England Patriots
- Singing the National Anthem and an embarrassment in Green Bay.
Continue reading “WAY-FM Interview of Danny Gokey”
A fun interview with The Jayar Show, host of Joy FM’s afternoon drive radio show in Tampa, Florida. They talk about a ton of things:
- Whether adoption is in Danny & Leyicet’s future,
- the first photo of Danny, Leyicet and Gabriel,
- why you shouldn’t try to kiss someone else’s chihuahua,
- the craziest thing to happen in a car,
- Irma’s comeback,
- What would Danny’s new life if he wasn’t a singer?
- and Danny plays “Family Feud” against Jayar
Continue reading “Jayar Inteviews Danny Gokey”
Interview of Danny Gokey by James Kurtis & Drew Brown
Danny Gokey! He’s one of those blessed dudes who must be happy all the time thanks to his “perfect” life. He’s got a beautiful growing family, an incredible music career and even more businesses and foundations to his credit.
But behind the glare of those stage lights, Danny has battled depression and faced the all-too-real suffering that life can bring. In this interview James Kurtis & Drew Brown of Between the Grooves discuss with Danny,
- The depression that Danny feels he’s been fighting most of his life
- The danger of letting pain become louder than the voice of God
- Danny’s vision for building the Kingdom through his business decisions
- The advice he would give his younger self – prior to being a contestant on American Idol
Click BETWEEN the GROOVES to listen to the full podcast.
Danny Gokey traveled to Christian Care Ministries to talk about his music, mission and his family.
And to sing us a few songs on Facebook Live! He traveled from Nashville, where he saw the miracle of his third child, Gabriel Daniel Gokey, being born; to perform the next morning in Florida! In the interview Danny talks about the goal that Leyicet and he had: for Danny to be at this birth! The beautiful baby was 8 pounds, 8 ounces at 20 inches long (their smallest of three babies!) He also talks about growning up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin -that Gabriel is the 21st grandchild. And then Danny had the chutzpah to say “and we are just getting started”. He also talks about how God made him stronger to compete on “American Idol” when he didn’t feel he had the strength. And as a teaser… Danny hinted that he and Leyicet are working on developing broader content – with his family – to bring people to Christ.
Enjoy hearing the interview and the songs he sang, “Tell Your Heart To Beat Again”, “More Than You Think I Am”, “Hope in Front of Me”, “Rise” & “How Great is Our God”.
Its a wonderful ~40 minute program of encouraging words, worship, and song.
Our featured artist is Bernard Bell, drummer for the Danny Gokey Band
Bernard graciously answered ALL of my questions!
Here are a few of Bernard’s anwers to our questions. Make sure you check out the video for the complete interview! Continue reading “Bernard Bell: Get to Know the Danny Gokey Band”
Danny Gokey appeared on “Harry” for an interview and to perform his latest single, “The Comeback”. It was a fun interview. We’ll post as much of it as we find and the performance.
Continue reading “Danny Gokey on Harry Connick Jr’s “Harry” TV Show”
WBTV.com’s Morning Break sits down with Danny Gokey to talk about his “Comeback”
See the video interview HERE.
If you do not have a flash player on your phone you may not be able to watch the video 😦
We love sharing the Danny Gokey radio interviews! This one is “90.3 (FM) Seconds” with Danny by WCSG Radio’s team of Jeremy and Amanda from Grand Rapids, Michigan. This was at a sold out show of over 9,000 people for the Very Next Thing Tour.
Let’s help out the NEXT radio team— what would YOU ask Danny?